I’ll be starting to read The Farthest Shore today. It’s thirteen chapters long, so I’ll do it over thirteen days. See the comments section of this post for my thoughts on each chapter.
My ridiculous predictions for this book:
- There will be dragons. This is not a difficult prediction to make.
- We are going to return to the all-male atmosphere of A Wizard of Earthsea. No smelly girls allowed.
- Things will happen, and they will be symbolic. Symbolism in general will be everywhere.
- “Young Prince Arren,” who is mentioned on the back-cover blurb, will go through some kind of coming-of-age journey.
- Ged will demonstrate wisdom. Arren will screw this up somehow.
- Whatever crisis has overtaken Earthsea this time, it’s going to be the dragons’ fault.